Archive - Jan 31, 2008
Any hope John Hopkins may have had of getting his 2008 season off to a better start than in 2007 were dashed today, after Hopper crashed in damp conditions during the second day of testing in Phillip Island. The American Kawasaki rider suffered a torn abductor muscle in his groin, after a highside at turn one flicked him off the bike.
The only consolation for Hopper is that the injury, while painful, is less serious than the broken hand he suffered testing at Qatar prior to the 2007 season. Hopkins was scheduled to fly back to California as soon as possible, to receive treatment from the renowned sports physiologist Dr Ting.
Hopkins will hope to return to testing at the official IRTA test at Jerez in mid-February.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
spdmon2 hours 28 min ago
Desh4 hours 58 min ago
SquidPuppet8 hours 22 min ago
spindizzy8 hours 25 min ago
genx8 hours 27 min ago
- Der Le Mans-GP zum Nachlesen
- Bridgestone: Lorenzo suchte falschen Sündenbock
- Nicky Hayden braucht kein Extra-Training
- Le Mans: Hamilton erkannte sich in Marc Márquez
- GP-Sport: Zu viele Spanier, aber was dagegen tun?
- Crutchlow und Redding beenden die Durststrecke
- Pedrosa-Sturz: Keine Kritik an Bridgestone
- Suzuki: Erster Test in Europa am 17. Juni
- Suzuki: Vertrag für 3 Jahre, Plätze werden gekauft
- Paul-Bird-Team: Enttäuschendes Rennen in Le Mans
Subscribe to email update: