Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rossi's Tactical Retreat
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
As a world-class cynic who fled his hometown for the duration of the London Olympics, I have to admit that even I enjoyed the Games.
Team GB’s performance proved that if you invest the correct amount of time, money and brains, anything is possible. Even in Britain. Hopefully the country will learn something from the past two weeks, so that the Olympics will be remembered as something more than the icing on a rather mouldy cake.
Apart from watching Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Bradley Wiggins, I most enjoyed seeing Usain Bolt do his thing, which was rather like watching Valentino Rossi at the height of his powers. Bolt is one of those very rare athletes who manages to combine total dedication to his task with an ability to look like he’s treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. The way he joked with officials and fans before and after his races reminded me very much of Rossi.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
highside specialist2 hours 4 min ago
FlyinLow273 hours 1 min ago
S3tigoHide3 hours 5 min ago
BrickTop3 hours 8 min ago
botfap3 hours 26 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Qatar MotoGP Test Quote Machine Final
- Esparago Fast, Esparago Hurt As Qatar MotoGP Test Ends
- Phillip Island: Jorge Lorenzo führt vor Dani Pedrosa
- Phillip Island-Test: Wertvolle Daten für Bridgestone
- Jeremy Burgess: Was treibt er ohne Rossi?
- Phillip Island: Dani Pedrosa testet neue Hinterreifen
- Iodaracing: Geplatzte Träume, gescheiterte Pläne
- Phillip-Island-Test: Lorenzo und Rabat in Führung
Subscribe to email update: