Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rossi's Tactical Retreat
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
As a world-class cynic who fled his hometown for the duration of the London Olympics, I have to admit that even I enjoyed the Games.
Team GB’s performance proved that if you invest the correct amount of time, money and brains, anything is possible. Even in Britain. Hopefully the country will learn something from the past two weeks, so that the Olympics will be remembered as something more than the icing on a rather mouldy cake.
Apart from watching Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Bradley Wiggins, I most enjoyed seeing Usain Bolt do his thing, which was rather like watching Valentino Rossi at the height of his powers. Bolt is one of those very rare athletes who manages to combine total dedication to his task with an ability to look like he’s treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. The way he joked with officials and fans before and after his races reminded me very much of Rossi.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
joonyaboy5 hours 27 min ago
Rabid_Canine6 hours 52 min ago
Lilyvani7 hours 34 min ago
Lilyvani7 hours 58 min ago
Seven4nineR9 hours 42 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Mick Doohan: «Miller darf es nicht übertreiben»
- Stefan Bradl: «Muss mich im Qualifying steigern»
- Alvaró Bautista/Redding: Harte Zeit in Sepang?
- Jorge Lorenzo: Heißer Kampf gegen Rossi in Sepang?
- Valentino Rossi: «Ich will in Sepang siegen!»
- Marquez und Pedrosa mit der MotoGP-Honda in Sentul
- Nicky Hayden im Regierungsviertel in Putrajaya
- Andrea Dovizioso/Cal Crutchlow: «Sepang passt Ducati»
- MotoGP 2015: So sehen die Teams aus!
- Phillip Island: Die unendliche Geschichte des Sturzes
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: