Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rossi's Tactical Retreat
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
As a world-class cynic who fled his hometown for the duration of the London Olympics, I have to admit that even I enjoyed the Games.
Team GB’s performance proved that if you invest the correct amount of time, money and brains, anything is possible. Even in Britain. Hopefully the country will learn something from the past two weeks, so that the Olympics will be remembered as something more than the icing on a rather mouldy cake.
Apart from watching Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Bradley Wiggins, I most enjoyed seeing Usain Bolt do his thing, which was rather like watching Valentino Rossi at the height of his powers. Bolt is one of those very rare athletes who manages to combine total dedication to his task with an ability to look like he’s treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. The way he joked with officials and fans before and after his races reminded me very much of Rossi.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Motoshrink3 hours 30 min ago
eskothomson3 hours 44 min ago
R6rider6 hours 2 min ago
breganzane15 hours 14 min ago
avsatishchandra16 hours 27 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Michelin: Reichen nächstes Jahr auch 12 Montag-Tests?
- MotoGP-WM 2014: Marc Márquez überstrahlte alles
- MotoGP-Reglement 2016: Mit 22 Liter und 6 Motoren?
- Exklusiv: So sieht der Wintertest-Fahrplan aus
- Stefan Bradl-Bilanz: «Die Ziele waren unrealistisch»
- Bridgestone: Auch 2015 weichere Hinterreifen für Open
- Cal Crutchlow: Metall weg – die Schmerzen auch?
- Exklusiv: Superbike-IDM im Rahmen des Sachsenring-GP?
- MotoGP 2014: Brünn mit den meisten Zuschauern
- Dorna unterstützt die «motoDNA Academy» in Australien
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: