Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rossi's Tactical Retreat
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
As a world-class cynic who fled his hometown for the duration of the London Olympics, I have to admit that even I enjoyed the Games.
Team GB’s performance proved that if you invest the correct amount of time, money and brains, anything is possible. Even in Britain. Hopefully the country will learn something from the past two weeks, so that the Olympics will be remembered as something more than the icing on a rather mouldy cake.
Apart from watching Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Bradley Wiggins, I most enjoyed seeing Usain Bolt do his thing, which was rather like watching Valentino Rossi at the height of his powers. Bolt is one of those very rare athletes who manages to combine total dedication to his task with an ability to look like he’s treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. The way he joked with officials and fans before and after his races reminded me very much of Rossi.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
johnjaundice2 hours 54 min ago
Team Punkass3 hours 7 min ago
David Emmett18 hours 16 min ago
paulj18 hours 49 min ago
Speeddog19 hours 23 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Marcel Schrötter: «Die MotoGP-WM ist kein Muss»
- Marc Márquez: «Bei Honda gibt es keine Stallorder»
- Sepang-GP bei Sport1: 320.000 Zuschauer!
- Yonny Hernandez: Werksvertrag bei Ducati Corse
- LCR-Chef Cecchinello: «Traue Jack Miller Top-Ten zu»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Akzeptiere keine Einschnitte»
- Stefan Bradl: Warum er auf Öhlins beharrt
- Jack Miller: «Beginne in der MotoGP bei Ground Zero»
- LCR-Chef Lucio Cecchinello: Was sich für 2015 ändert
- Eugene Laverty: Bruder Michael drückt die Daumen
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: