Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rossi's Tactical Retreat
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
As a world-class cynic who fled his hometown for the duration of the London Olympics, I have to admit that even I enjoyed the Games.
Team GB’s performance proved that if you invest the correct amount of time, money and brains, anything is possible. Even in Britain. Hopefully the country will learn something from the past two weeks, so that the Olympics will be remembered as something more than the icing on a rather mouldy cake.
Apart from watching Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Bradley Wiggins, I most enjoyed seeing Usain Bolt do his thing, which was rather like watching Valentino Rossi at the height of his powers. Bolt is one of those very rare athletes who manages to combine total dedication to his task with an ability to look like he’s treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. The way he joked with officials and fans before and after his races reminded me very much of Rossi.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
v4racer12 hours 19 min ago
Chuckracer20 hours 41 min ago
Michael Strano23 hours 21 min ago
Hedgehog1 day 4 hours ago
Powervalve581 day 8 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Sponsorship Opportunity With Galfer USA And Accossato USA
- Jack Miller: «Sepang-Test ist eine Herausforderung»
- HRC: Kein Veto gegen Moto2-Einsatz von Marc Márquez
- Shuhei Nakamoto: «Stoner wird nicht zurückkommen!»
- Jack Miller (LCR): Schulter-OP nach Sepang-Test
- Ticketverkauf: Jerez & Valencia spannen zusammen
- Aprilia strukturiert um: Mit Hofmann, Laverty, Biaggi
- Stefan Bradl in Jerez: «Yamaha besser kennenlernen»
- Bradley Smith: «Habe Warnsignale ignoriert»
- Jorge Lorenzo: Er fordert Bike-Wechsel-Pflicht
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: