Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rossi's Tactical Retreat
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
As a world-class cynic who fled his hometown for the duration of the London Olympics, I have to admit that even I enjoyed the Games.
Team GB’s performance proved that if you invest the correct amount of time, money and brains, anything is possible. Even in Britain. Hopefully the country will learn something from the past two weeks, so that the Olympics will be remembered as something more than the icing on a rather mouldy cake.
Apart from watching Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Bradley Wiggins, I most enjoyed seeing Usain Bolt do his thing, which was rather like watching Valentino Rossi at the height of his powers. Bolt is one of those very rare athletes who manages to combine total dedication to his task with an ability to look like he’s treating the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. The way he joked with officials and fans before and after his races reminded me very much of Rossi.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Nessuno6 min 16 sec ago
Firefly6 min 23 sec ago
Firefly42 min 47 sec ago
Liys1 hour 8 min ago
jstrasser3 hours 31 min ago
- Suzuki signs Espargaro, Vinales for MotoGP
- Suzuki launches 2015 MotoGP return
- Suzuki return to MotoGP™ with Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales in 2015
- IMGP: La Suzuki ha finalmente un nome
- Special K Coming Today?
- 2015 Triumph Street Triple RX — Naked Daytonafied
- Aragón-GP: 410.000 Zuschauer bei Sport1
- Dorna-CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta über Jack Miller
- Carmelo Ezpeleta über Ducati, Suzuki & Brasilien
- 2015: MotoGP-Aus für IodaRacing?
Subscribe to email update: