Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Honda: Goodbye MotoGP, Hello WSB?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
These are strange days in MotoGP. World Champion Casey Stoner is quitting and Ben Spies may follow him, both of them complaining that they don’t like MotoGP’s current direction away from pure prototypes.
That’s bad, but much worse is the fact that HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) are also talking about withdrawing their factory squad. Even worse than that, HRC are talking about defecting to World Superbike, MotoGP’s arch-rival.
The reason? Dorna’s plan to introduce a control ECU for the entire MotoGP grid within the next few years. Dorna want to ban open electronics development by forcing everyone to use the same ECU, because they believe it will cut costs and improve the racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
R6rider33 min 1 sec ago
joonyaboy16 hours 41 min ago
Rabid_Canine18 hours 6 min ago
Lilyvani18 hours 48 min ago
Lilyvani19 hours 11 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Mike Kidd Named VP, General Manager Of New FIM North American Supermoto Championship
- Laverty: Sepang one of our stronger tracks
- Marquez: Time to be on top again
- Andrea Iannone: In Sepang mit zwei GP14.2!
- Ramon Aurin wird neuer Crew-Chief von Dani Pedrosa
- Marco Simoncelli: GP-Welt trauert am 3. Todestag
- Bradley Smith: «Wieder alles für Top-Result geben»
- Warum sich Cal Crutchlow bei Rossi entschuldigte
- Valentino Rossi: «Können härter gegen Honda kämpfen»
- Marc Márquez: «Valentino und Jorge werden stark sein»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: