Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Honda: Goodbye MotoGP, Hello WSB?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
These are strange days in MotoGP. World Champion Casey Stoner is quitting and Ben Spies may follow him, both of them complaining that they don’t like MotoGP’s current direction away from pure prototypes.
That’s bad, but much worse is the fact that HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) are also talking about withdrawing their factory squad. Even worse than that, HRC are talking about defecting to World Superbike, MotoGP’s arch-rival.
The reason? Dorna’s plan to introduce a control ECU for the entire MotoGP grid within the next few years. Dorna want to ban open electronics development by forcing everyone to use the same ECU, because they believe it will cut costs and improve the racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
btoy2 hours 35 min ago
Peka4 hours 13 min ago
Yamaha2strokes5 hours 33 min ago
David Emmett5 hours 38 min ago
Peka5 hours 51 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Sepang specialist Pedrosa leads on day one in Malaysia
- Bradl: chi ben comincia...
- Lorenzo: ‘I think we can fight for the win’
- Dopo il botto Marquez chiede scusa a Iannone
- Second overall on opening day for Aleix Espargaro
- Moto2 Malaysia - Free Practice (2) Results
- Stefan Bradl/7.: «Ich mache mir keine grossen Sorgen»
- Sepang FP2: Nasse Piste, Lorenzo-Bestzeit – 7. Bradl
- Stefan Bradl (5.): «Es schaut gut aus»
- Sepang FP1: Pedrosa voran – 5. Bradl. 6. Rossi
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: