Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Honda: Goodbye MotoGP, Hello WSB?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
These are strange days in MotoGP. World Champion Casey Stoner is quitting and Ben Spies may follow him, both of them complaining that they don’t like MotoGP’s current direction away from pure prototypes.
That’s bad, but much worse is the fact that HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) are also talking about withdrawing their factory squad. Even worse than that, HRC are talking about defecting to World Superbike, MotoGP’s arch-rival.
The reason? Dorna’s plan to introduce a control ECU for the entire MotoGP grid within the next few years. Dorna want to ban open electronics development by forcing everyone to use the same ECU, because they believe it will cut costs and improve the racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
cb750wtf1 hour 57 min ago
kenup2832 hours 22 min ago
mugwump20 hours 53 min ago
Motoshrink23 hours 52 min ago
ghostdog61 day 3 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Marc Márquez & Wayne Rainey: Echte Champions
- Vorverkauf: Günstige Tickets für Jerez & Valencia
- Hayden, Crutchlow & Co.: Mein bester MotoGP-Moment
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Viñales war unglaublich!»
- MotoGP: Der Valentino-Rossi-Kalender für 2015 ist da!
- Spritlimit 2016: Honda gegen Yamaha und Ducati
- Ducati: «Cal Crutchlow ist schwer zu kontrollieren»
- Eugene Laverty (Honda) über sein MotoGP-Debüt
- MotoGP-Technik: V4? Reihenmotor? Was ist besser?
- Hervé Poncharal: «Ganz neue Organisation für 2016»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: