Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Honda: Goodbye MotoGP, Hello WSB?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
These are strange days in MotoGP. World Champion Casey Stoner is quitting and Ben Spies may follow him, both of them complaining that they don’t like MotoGP’s current direction away from pure prototypes.
That’s bad, but much worse is the fact that HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) are also talking about withdrawing their factory squad. Even worse than that, HRC are talking about defecting to World Superbike, MotoGP’s arch-rival.
The reason? Dorna’s plan to introduce a control ECU for the entire MotoGP grid within the next few years. Dorna want to ban open electronics development by forcing everyone to use the same ECU, because they believe it will cut costs and improve the racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
joonyaboy8 hours 52 min ago
Rabid_Canine10 hours 17 min ago
Lilyvani10 hours 59 min ago
Lilyvani11 hours 22 min ago
Seven4nineR13 hours 6 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Pedrosa picks Aurin as 2015 crew chief
- Stefan Bradl: Fährt er so lange wie Valentino Rossi?
- Mick Doohan: «Miller darf es nicht übertreiben»
- Stefan Bradl: «Muss mich im Qualifying steigern»
- Alvaró Bautista/Redding: Harte Zeit in Sepang?
- Jorge Lorenzo: Heißer Kampf gegen Rossi in Sepang?
- Valentino Rossi: «Ich will in Sepang siegen!»
- Marquez und Pedrosa mit der MotoGP-Honda in Sentul
- Nicky Hayden im Regierungsviertel in Putrajaya
- Malaysia-GP: Das TV-Programm von Sport1
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: