Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Honda: Goodbye MotoGP, Hello WSB?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
These are strange days in MotoGP. World Champion Casey Stoner is quitting and Ben Spies may follow him, both of them complaining that they don’t like MotoGP’s current direction away from pure prototypes.
That’s bad, but much worse is the fact that HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) are also talking about withdrawing their factory squad. Even worse than that, HRC are talking about defecting to World Superbike, MotoGP’s arch-rival.
The reason? Dorna’s plan to introduce a control ECU for the entire MotoGP grid within the next few years. Dorna want to ban open electronics development by forcing everyone to use the same ECU, because they believe it will cut costs and improve the racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
FlyinLow2745 min 40 sec ago
David Emmett56 min 36 sec ago
TheBaron1 hour 5 min ago
MiniNinjamk55 hours 47 min ago
R6rider7 hours 30 min ago
- Michael Laverty, Broc Parkes (PBM): Keine WM-Punkte
- Scott Redding (Gresini-Honda): zweitbester Open-Pilot
- Aoyama, Camier (Aspar-Honda): Enttäuschendes Rennen
- Cal Crutchlow (Rang 12): «Das ist enttäuschend»
- Andrea Dovizioso (Rang 5): «Situation bessert sich»
- Andrea Iannone (Pramac): Wieso zickte seine Ducati?
- Aleix Espargaró (Yamaha/9.) ging volles Risiko
- Pol Espargaró/Rang 6.: «Harter Vorderreifen war gut»
- Dani Pedrosa (Honda): Lehrstunde von Marc Márquez
- Valentino Rossi (Rang 3): «Habe viel Grip verloren»
Subscribe to email update: