Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Honda: Goodbye MotoGP, Hello WSB?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
These are strange days in MotoGP. World Champion Casey Stoner is quitting and Ben Spies may follow him, both of them complaining that they don’t like MotoGP’s current direction away from pure prototypes.
That’s bad, but much worse is the fact that HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) are also talking about withdrawing their factory squad. Even worse than that, HRC are talking about defecting to World Superbike, MotoGP’s arch-rival.
The reason? Dorna’s plan to introduce a control ECU for the entire MotoGP grid within the next few years. Dorna want to ban open electronics development by forcing everyone to use the same ECU, because they believe it will cut costs and improve the racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
phoenix11 hour 11 min ago
patnicholls2 hours 34 min ago
Firefly2 hours 44 min ago
Firefly2 hours 47 min ago
rsciandphi2 hours 59 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Women's European Cup To Run In Conjunction With European Junior Cup In 2015
- CWM LCR Honda's Miller Improves Pace On Third And Final Day Of Testing At Sepang
- Aprilia-Rennchef: Neuer Motor hat sich bewährt
- Jack Miller in Sepang: Erster MotoGP-Sturz!
- Honda: Keine Extrawurst für Crutchlow und Redding
- Marco Melandri (Aprilia): «Stecke im Schlamassel»
- Teamorder: Was Rossi, Bradl & Co. davon halten
- Marc Márquez: «Hatte Angst, dass mich Gegner hassen»
- Stefan Bradl: Passt die Yamaha besser zu ihm?
- Rookie Loris Baz (Forward): «Das ist seltsam»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: