Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Who’s it going to be: Jorge or Dani?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
In MotoGP, no race is any more important than another. They all carry 25 points for the win. But from here on in, every race of the 2012 championship is going to feel especially crucial.
With 12 rounds done and six to go, just 13 points separate Jorge Lorenzo from Dani Pedrosa, so at every race the advantage will swing one way or the other.
Pedrosa is the man on a mission with three wins from the past four races. If he keeps going like that, then he will obviously win the title. Honda are throwing everything at the championship. The revised RCV that Pedrosa received at Laguna is a definite step forward. Most significantly it seems to have cured much of the RCV’s corner-entry instability, a problem that has haunted Honda for many a year. After getting beaten by Pedrosa at Brno, Lorenzo commented that he had been losing out to the RCV on corner entry. I can’t remember the last time I heard a Yamaha rider say that about a Honda. No wonder Lorenzo spent his time during the post-race Brno test working to regain the M1’s entry advantage.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Motoshrink42 min 40 sec ago
ghostdog64 hours 40 min ago
Nealio5 hours 37 min ago
Coll Raceovski12 hours 7 min ago
wosideg12 hours 57 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- "Oki" RVF Honda 8 Hours Prints. Still In Stock ..Still Shipping
- Ducati: «Cal Crutchlow ist schwer zu kontrollieren»
- Eugene Laverty (Honda) über sein MotoGP-Debüt
- MotoGP-Technik: V4? Reihenmotor? Was ist besser?
- Hervé Poncharal: «Ganz neue Organisation für 2016»
- Marc Márquez-Fanclub: Neues Logo mit «I AM93»
- KTM 2017 in der MotoGP-WM: Plan B in der Schublade
- Tom Lüthi über Miller: «Der Sprung ist riesig»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Können 2015 um Siege kämpfen»
- MotoGP: Die neuen Regeln für 2015 und 2016!
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: