Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Who’s it going to be: Jorge or Dani?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
In MotoGP, no race is any more important than another. They all carry 25 points for the win. But from here on in, every race of the 2012 championship is going to feel especially crucial.
With 12 rounds done and six to go, just 13 points separate Jorge Lorenzo from Dani Pedrosa, so at every race the advantage will swing one way or the other.
Pedrosa is the man on a mission with three wins from the past four races. If he keeps going like that, then he will obviously win the title. Honda are throwing everything at the championship. The revised RCV that Pedrosa received at Laguna is a definite step forward. Most significantly it seems to have cured much of the RCV’s corner-entry instability, a problem that has haunted Honda for many a year. After getting beaten by Pedrosa at Brno, Lorenzo commented that he had been losing out to the RCV on corner entry. I can’t remember the last time I heard a Yamaha rider say that about a Honda. No wonder Lorenzo spent his time during the post-race Brno test working to regain the M1’s entry advantage.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
JanBros4 hours 24 min ago
Luiggi6 hours 22 min ago
macrocephalic10 hours 42 min ago
Swiftnick1 day 1 hour ago
1050cc1 day 13 hours ago
- Tech3-Yamaha-Chef Poncharal: «Crutchlow wäre Fehler»
- Sensation: Wechselt Cal Crutchlow noch zu LCR-Honda?
- Gespann-WM nach dem Becker-Drama: Wie geht es weiter?
- Stefan Bradl am Scheideweg: Honda? Aprilia? Yamaha?
- Wilco Zeelenberg: Warum Jorge Lorenzo 2014 schwächelt
- Alex De Angelis: Bei Forward bald in der MotoGP?
- Tech3-Yamaha: Pol Espargaró bleibt – Smith raus?
- Yonny Hernandez: «Ich will für 2015 eine Ducati GP15»
- Stefan Bradl: Wie stark reizt ihn die M1-Yamaha?
- Yonny Hernandez: «Kolumbien fehlen Strecken & Bikes»
Subscribe to email update: