Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rules The Hot Topic In MotoGP
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
It’s ten days since a potentially thrilling climax to the MotoGP championship disintegrated to the sound of shattered carbon-fibre and a chorus of Spanish expletives. Time for a cool, calm reappraisal of the events.
It may have been hapless Hector Barbera who torpedoed title challenger Dani Pedrosa, but the thing that really did for Dani was the rulebook.
Sport needs rules, but wouldn’t it be nice if sport came first and rules came second? I was saying pretty much that as Pedrosa’s title hopes went awry on the Misano grid, but another journalist sitting nearby argued that I was entirely wrong. To him, the rules are what matters, and damn the romance of racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
wosideg42 min 9 sec ago
Motoshrink11 hours 35 min ago
eskothomson15 hours 58 min ago
eskothomson16 hours 10 min ago
rsciandphi1 day 15 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Marc Márquez-Fanclub: Neues Logo mit «I AM93»
- KTM 2017 in der MotoGP-WM: Plan B in der Schublade
- Tom Lüthi über Miller: «Der Sprung ist riesig»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Können 2015 um Siege kämpfen»
- MotoGP: Die neuen Regeln für 2015 und 2016!
- MotoGP-WM 2016: Tankinhalt auf 22 Liter erhöht
- Jeremy Burgess: Macht Miller Moto2 überflüssig?
- Dani Pedrosa: Er hofft 2015 auf den «Rossi-Effekt»
- Streit: MotoGP auf Eurosport ein Vor- oder Nachteil?
- Stefan Bradl: «Zwei Jahre bei Forward? Kein Problem!»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: