Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rules The Hot Topic In MotoGP
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
It’s ten days since a potentially thrilling climax to the MotoGP championship disintegrated to the sound of shattered carbon-fibre and a chorus of Spanish expletives. Time for a cool, calm reappraisal of the events.
It may have been hapless Hector Barbera who torpedoed title challenger Dani Pedrosa, but the thing that really did for Dani was the rulebook.
Sport needs rules, but wouldn’t it be nice if sport came first and rules came second? I was saying pretty much that as Pedrosa’s title hopes went awry on the Misano grid, but another journalist sitting nearby argued that I was entirely wrong. To him, the rules are what matters, and damn the romance of racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
David Emmett9 hours 35 min ago
paulj10 hours 8 min ago
Speeddog10 hours 42 min ago
Machine10 hours 49 min ago
sinbad31711 hours 9 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Jack Miller: «Beginne in der MotoGP bei Ground Zero»
- LCR-Chef Lucio Cecchinello: Was sich für 2015 ändert
- Eugene Laverty: Bruder Michael drückt die Daumen
- Marc Marquez (Honda): «MotoGP-Titel 2014 war Pflicht»
- Jack Miller/MotoGP: «Ich bin ein Clown»
- Casey Stoner nach HRC-Test: Etwas eingerostet
- MotoGP-Test Valencia: Was sich für 2015 alles ändert
- MotoGP-Kalender 2015: Wieder vier Rennen in Spanien
- Gigi Dall'Igna/Ducati: «Testfahrer Pirro bleibt»
- Dr. Mir rätselt: Wie hielt Espargaró den Schmerz aus?
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: