Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rules The Hot Topic In MotoGP
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
It’s ten days since a potentially thrilling climax to the MotoGP championship disintegrated to the sound of shattered carbon-fibre and a chorus of Spanish expletives. Time for a cool, calm reappraisal of the events.
It may have been hapless Hector Barbera who torpedoed title challenger Dani Pedrosa, but the thing that really did for Dani was the rulebook.
Sport needs rules, but wouldn’t it be nice if sport came first and rules came second? I was saying pretty much that as Pedrosa’s title hopes went awry on the Misano grid, but another journalist sitting nearby argued that I was entirely wrong. To him, the rules are what matters, and damn the romance of racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Motoshrink2 hours 39 min ago
Motoshrink2 hours 42 min ago
avsatishchandra3 hours 41 min ago
JC Racing 964 hours 6 min ago
JC Racing 964 hours 23 min ago
- LCR-Teamchef Cecchinello: «Support von Honda wichtig»
- Lucio Cecchinello (LCR): «Natürlich bin ich traurig»
- Randy de Puniet: Kein Platz mehr im MotoGP-Startfeld?
- 2015: Keine weicheren Hinterreifen für Open-Bikes?
- Nicky Hayden: Rückkehr in Misano oder Aragón?
- Valentino Rossi (35): Keine Spur von Rennmüdigkeit
- MotoGP-Startfeld 2015: Nur noch wenige Plätze frei
- Dani Pedrosa: Ist er mit seinem Latein schon am Ende?
- Eugene Laverty und Johnny Rea: Platz in der MotoGP?
- Hervé Poncharal: Marcel Schrötter 2016 in der MotoGP?
Subscribe to email update: