Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rules The Hot Topic In MotoGP
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
It’s ten days since a potentially thrilling climax to the MotoGP championship disintegrated to the sound of shattered carbon-fibre and a chorus of Spanish expletives. Time for a cool, calm reappraisal of the events.
It may have been hapless Hector Barbera who torpedoed title challenger Dani Pedrosa, but the thing that really did for Dani was the rulebook.
Sport needs rules, but wouldn’t it be nice if sport came first and rules came second? I was saying pretty much that as Pedrosa’s title hopes went awry on the Misano grid, but another journalist sitting nearby argued that I was entirely wrong. To him, the rules are what matters, and damn the romance of racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
edwardhill19951 hour 35 min ago
Averagerider10 hours 36 min ago
jerickson10 hours 37 min ago
joedoe13 hours 36 min ago
edwardhill199519 hours 58 min ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Pol Espargaró: «Argentinien wird faszinierend»
- Stefan Bradl: «Die Ducati sind stärker geworden»
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): Interesse an Dani Pedrosa?
- Argentinien-GP: Das TV-Programm von Sport1
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Ich brauche ein gutes Resultat»
- Valentino Rossi: «Reifen sind der wichtigste Faktor»
- Australien: Mischung aus Pay- und Free-TV
- Die Geschichte des Argentinien-GP
Subscribe to email update: