Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rules The Hot Topic In MotoGP
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
It’s ten days since a potentially thrilling climax to the MotoGP championship disintegrated to the sound of shattered carbon-fibre and a chorus of Spanish expletives. Time for a cool, calm reappraisal of the events.
It may have been hapless Hector Barbera who torpedoed title challenger Dani Pedrosa, but the thing that really did for Dani was the rulebook.
Sport needs rules, but wouldn’t it be nice if sport came first and rules came second? I was saying pretty much that as Pedrosa’s title hopes went awry on the Misano grid, but another journalist sitting nearby argued that I was entirely wrong. To him, the rules are what matters, and damn the romance of racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
thecosman1 hour 21 min ago
avsatishchandra2 hours 29 min ago
avsatishchandra2 hours 34 min ago
Lilyvani5 hours 11 min ago
Lilyvani5 hours 24 min ago
- LCR-Honda 2015: Mit Jack Miller? Ohne Stefan Bradl?
- Cal Crutchlow: «Ich habe vieles nicht verstanden»
- Randy de Puniet: «Ich will 2015 MotoGP fahren»
- Ducati-Ass Cal Crutchlow will Drag Race fahren
- Stefan Bradl: Wohin führt jetzt der Weg?
- Exklusiv: Aleix Espargaró für zwei Jahre bei Suzuki
- Dominique Aegerter ist bei Forward-Yamaha ein Thema
- Aprilia 2015 in der MotoGP: Mit Bautista und Laverty?
- Yamaha Gewinnspiel: Triff Valentino Rossi in Misano!
- Jonas Folger: «Ich fahre 2015 bei AGR in der Moto2»
Subscribe to email update: