Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: Rules The Hot Topic In MotoGP
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
It’s ten days since a potentially thrilling climax to the MotoGP championship disintegrated to the sound of shattered carbon-fibre and a chorus of Spanish expletives. Time for a cool, calm reappraisal of the events.
It may have been hapless Hector Barbera who torpedoed title challenger Dani Pedrosa, but the thing that really did for Dani was the rulebook.
Sport needs rules, but wouldn’t it be nice if sport came first and rules came second? I was saying pretty much that as Pedrosa’s title hopes went awry on the Misano grid, but another journalist sitting nearby argued that I was entirely wrong. To him, the rules are what matters, and damn the romance of racing.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
btoy1 hour 2 min ago
Peka2 hours 40 min ago
Yamaha2strokes4 hours 29 sec ago
David Emmett4 hours 5 min ago
Peka4 hours 18 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Moto2 Malaysia - Free Practice (2) Results
- Stefan Bradl/7.: «Ich mache mir keine grossen Sorgen»
- Sepang FP2: Nasse Piste, Lorenzo-Bestzeit – 7. Bradl
- Stefan Bradl (5.): «Es schaut gut aus»
- Sepang FP1: Pedrosa voran – 5. Bradl. 6. Rossi
- Randy Krummenacher: Wie er Valentino Rossi verletzte
- Lin Jarvis: «Rossis Siegeshunger ist unglaublich»
- Was Valentino Rossi über die Márquez-Brüder sagt
- Andrea Iannone: In Sepang mit zwei GP14.2!
- Ramon Aurin wird neuer Crew-Chief von Dani Pedrosa
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: