Guest Blog - Mat Oxley: Ducati: it’s going to take time
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
You can imagine the gasps of disbelief when Ducati unveiled its GP13 atop a mountain in the Dolomites last night: the bike is pretty much a GP12 with a new paintjob. How can that be? Surely the Ducati needs a total redesign more than any other motorcycle on the MotoGP grid?
That is indeed true – at the end of 2012 Ducati were no closer to the front than they had been at the start of 2011, when Valentino Rossi arrived to take over from Casey Stoner.
Yesterday morning someone asked Nicky Hayden – entering his fifth season with the Bologna brand – what he wanted from the GP13. A softer engine and less understeer, please, he said; which is pretty much exactly what he had asked for the previous few years.
So why haven’t Ducati addressed his requests and totally transformed the engine and chassis of the Desmosedici for 2013?
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
eskothomson2 hours 47 min ago
eskothomson2 hours 58 min ago
rsciandphi1 day 1 hour ago
David Emmett1 day 2 hours ago
MiniNinjamk51 day 7 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Können 2015 um Siege kämpfen»
- MotoGP: Die neuen Regeln für 2015 und 2016!
- MotoGP-WM 2016: Tankinhalt auf 22 Liter erhöht
- Jeremy Burgess: Macht Miller Moto2 überflüssig?
- Dani Pedrosa: Er hofft 2015 auf den «Rossi-Effekt»
- Streit: MotoGP auf Eurosport ein Vor- oder Nachteil?
- Stefan Bradl: «Zwei Jahre bei Forward? Kein Problem!»
- Nicky Hayden: «Will die Leute stolz machen»
- Doppelbelastung für Randy de Puniet: SBK und MotoGP
- Marc und Alex Márquez bei den RACC-Awards
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: