Guest Blog - Mat Oxley: Ducati: it’s going to take time
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
You can imagine the gasps of disbelief when Ducati unveiled its GP13 atop a mountain in the Dolomites last night: the bike is pretty much a GP12 with a new paintjob. How can that be? Surely the Ducati needs a total redesign more than any other motorcycle on the MotoGP grid?
That is indeed true – at the end of 2012 Ducati were no closer to the front than they had been at the start of 2011, when Valentino Rossi arrived to take over from Casey Stoner.
Yesterday morning someone asked Nicky Hayden – entering his fifth season with the Bologna brand – what he wanted from the GP13. A softer engine and less understeer, please, he said; which is pretty much exactly what he had asked for the previous few years.
So why haven’t Ducati addressed his requests and totally transformed the engine and chassis of the Desmosedici for 2013?
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Cloverleaf39 min 3 sec ago
Upon12 hours 8 min ago
k_the_c3 hours 33 min ago
Machine4 hours 29 min ago
avsatishchandra4 hours 31 min ago
- Cal Crutchlow (Rang 12): «Das ist enttäuschend»
- Andrea Dovizioso (Rang 5): «Situation bessert sich»
- Andrea Iannone (Pramac): Wieso zickte seine Ducati?
- Aleix Espargaró (Yamaha/9.) ging volles Risiko
- Pol Espargaró/Rang 6.: «Harter Vorderreifen war gut»
- Dani Pedrosa (Honda): Lehrstunde von Marc Márquez
- Valentino Rossi (Rang 3): «Habe viel Grip verloren»
- Jorge Lorenzo (2.): «Wir haben uns klar gesteigert»
- Sieger Marc Márquez: «Habe anfangs Reifen geschont»
- Stefan Bradl (Rang 7): «Ich habe alles gegeben»
Subscribe to email update: