Guest Blog - Mat Oxley: Ducati: it’s going to take time
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
You can imagine the gasps of disbelief when Ducati unveiled its GP13 atop a mountain in the Dolomites last night: the bike is pretty much a GP12 with a new paintjob. How can that be? Surely the Ducati needs a total redesign more than any other motorcycle on the MotoGP grid?
That is indeed true – at the end of 2012 Ducati were no closer to the front than they had been at the start of 2011, when Valentino Rossi arrived to take over from Casey Stoner.
Yesterday morning someone asked Nicky Hayden – entering his fifth season with the Bologna brand – what he wanted from the GP13. A softer engine and less understeer, please, he said; which is pretty much exactly what he had asked for the previous few years.
So why haven’t Ducati addressed his requests and totally transformed the engine and chassis of the Desmosedici for 2013?
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
LewTheShoe1 hour 2 min ago
motomann2 hours 49 min ago
Yamaha2strokes4 hours 17 min ago
Mick_w4 hours 36 min ago
bildo5 hours 7 min ago
- Yamaha: Großes Lob für Lorenzo & Aleix Espargaró
- Forward-Yamaha: Alex De Angelis oder Mike di Meglio?
- Michelin-Rennchef Goubert: «Auf allen Pisten testen»
- Danilo Petrucci: Zwei Jahre bei Pramac-Ducati
- Cristian Gabbarini: 2015 Crew-Chief bei Jack Miller
- Maverick Viñales: «Hielt Suzuki-Offerte für Witz»
- Ducati in MotoGP: Die Open-Vorteile wackeln
- Davide Brivio (Suzuki): «Wollen an Ducati rankommen»
- Héctor Barbera: Er hatte kein Motorrad zum Wechseln
- Marc Márquez: Wie lange kann er so stark dominieren?
Subscribe to email update: