Guest Blog - Mat Oxley: Ducati: it’s going to take time
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We will be featuring sections of Oxley's blogs, posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website, over the coming months.
You can imagine the gasps of disbelief when Ducati unveiled its GP13 atop a mountain in the Dolomites last night: the bike is pretty much a GP12 with a new paintjob. How can that be? Surely the Ducati needs a total redesign more than any other motorcycle on the MotoGP grid?
That is indeed true – at the end of 2012 Ducati were no closer to the front than they had been at the start of 2011, when Valentino Rossi arrived to take over from Casey Stoner.
Yesterday morning someone asked Nicky Hayden – entering his fifth season with the Bologna brand – what he wanted from the GP13. A softer engine and less understeer, please, he said; which is pretty much exactly what he had asked for the previous few years.
So why haven’t Ducati addressed his requests and totally transformed the engine and chassis of the Desmosedici for 2013?
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
anteater22 min 33 sec ago
Firefly2 hours 34 min ago
David Emmett3 hours 33 min ago
David Emmett4 hours 24 min ago
David Emmett4 hours 28 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Alvaró Bautista: «Ein paar Lösungen gefunden»
- Michele Pirro (1.): «Regen und Wind über dem Limit»
- Jerez: Ducati-Testfahrer Pirro im Regen Schnellster
- Jack Miller in Sepang: Fast zwei Sekunden schneller!
- Daten lügen nicht: Tex Geissler lobt Stefan Bradl
- Loris Baz (Forward Yamaha) viel langsamer als Bradl
- Jerez-Test, 14 Uhr: Bautista vorne, Bradl pausiert
- Monza Rallye: Vierter Sieg für Valentino Rossi?
- Eugene Laverty: «Musste diese Chance einfach nutzen»
- Nakamoto: «Miller-Aufstieg vielleicht dumme Idee»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: