Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: When will Valentino Rossi win again?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
When will Valentino Rossi win again?
It’s the question you get asked half a dozen times a race weekend, usually by expectant Rossi fans, hoping for a positive answer: when is Valentino going to win a race?
The answer is obvious: I don’t know. But when you follow that with an offhand remark, suggesting that maybe he won’t win another MotoGP race, their faces collapse into gloom.
I hope VR does win again and, if he does, I hope it’s a straight victory, not a victory of circumstances, due to weird weather or other riders burying themselves in the gravel.
But it’s a tall order. It’s hard to see anyone squeezing more speed out of the Yamaha than Jorge Lorenzo. The Spaniard is a 21st century ‘Steady’ Eddie Lawson – so glassy smooth that he looks slow, when in fact he’s the fastest rider in the world.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Sir_Bedevere7 hours 23 min ago
Trident7 hours 26 min ago
R6rider10 hours 51 min ago
johnjaundice14 hours 33 min ago
Team Punkass14 hours 46 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Qatar WSBK Friday Quote Machine
- Ducati's Giugliano Fastest In Third WSBK Practice at Qatar
- Marco Melandri testet MotoGP-Aprilia in Valencia
- Valencia: Kein Abschiedsrennen für Colin Edwards!
- Marcel Schrötter: «Die MotoGP-WM ist kein Muss»
- Marc Márquez: «Bei Honda gibt es keine Stallorder»
- Sepang-GP bei Sport1: 320.000 Zuschauer!
- Yonny Hernandez: Werksvertrag bei Ducati Corse
- LCR-Chef Cecchinello: «Traue Jack Miller Top-Ten zu»
- Paolo Ciabatti/Ducati: «Akzeptiere keine Einschnitte»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: