Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: When will Valentino Rossi win again?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
When will Valentino Rossi win again?
It’s the question you get asked half a dozen times a race weekend, usually by expectant Rossi fans, hoping for a positive answer: when is Valentino going to win a race?
The answer is obvious: I don’t know. But when you follow that with an offhand remark, suggesting that maybe he won’t win another MotoGP race, their faces collapse into gloom.
I hope VR does win again and, if he does, I hope it’s a straight victory, not a victory of circumstances, due to weird weather or other riders burying themselves in the gravel.
But it’s a tall order. It’s hard to see anyone squeezing more speed out of the Yamaha than Jorge Lorenzo. The Spaniard is a 21st century ‘Steady’ Eddie Lawson – so glassy smooth that he looks slow, when in fact he’s the fastest rider in the world.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Lilyvani1 hour 2 min ago
Lilyvani1 hour 15 min ago
Peka2 hours 44 min ago
David Emmett3 hours 4 min ago
Motoshrink4 hours 12 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Friday's Race Results From The 42nd WERA Grand National Finals, At Barber Motorsports Park
- Malaysia-GP: Die wichtigsten Zahlen und Fakten
- Nicky Hayden (18.): «Seltsames Gefühl»
- Andrea Iannone (11): Crash & Verletzung durch Márquez
- Alvaró Bautista (13.): Grip-Probleme und Ratlosigkeit
- Aleix Espargaro (2.): «Ich bin sehr zuversichtlich»
- Sepang: Pleite für Pol Espargaró & Bradley Smith
- Jorge Lorenzo: Bestzeit – Siegchance vorhanden
- Marc Marquez (4./Honda): «Der Regen war positiv»
- Dani Pedrosa (1./Honda) schimpft auf Regenreifen
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: