Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: When will Valentino Rossi win again?
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
When will Valentino Rossi win again?
It’s the question you get asked half a dozen times a race weekend, usually by expectant Rossi fans, hoping for a positive answer: when is Valentino going to win a race?
The answer is obvious: I don’t know. But when you follow that with an offhand remark, suggesting that maybe he won’t win another MotoGP race, their faces collapse into gloom.
I hope VR does win again and, if he does, I hope it’s a straight victory, not a victory of circumstances, due to weird weather or other riders burying themselves in the gravel.
But it’s a tall order. It’s hard to see anyone squeezing more speed out of the Yamaha than Jorge Lorenzo. The Spaniard is a 21st century ‘Steady’ Eddie Lawson – so glassy smooth that he looks slow, when in fact he’s the fastest rider in the world.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
apex13 min 40 sec ago
apex25 min 35 sec ago
yrrah44 min 12 sec ago
lotsofchops2 hours 27 min ago
R6rider3 hours 44 sec ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- USA: Seit 40 Jahren gibt es GP-Rennen in Amerika
- Bridgestone: Die Suche nach sinnvollen Lösungen
- Argentinien-GP: Zahlen und Fakten
- Stefan Bradl in Texas: 21 Sekunden Vollgas
- Suzuki: Neue Motor- und Chassis-Spezifikation
- Pay TV: Quoten-Einbruch in Italien und Spanien!
- 2015: Neuer Zeitplan für den Katar-GP?
- Suppo (HRC) über Bradl: «Sichtbare Verbesserung!»
Subscribe to email update: