Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
Amid all the Assen drama it was easy to forget about the forlorn figure of Dani Pedrosa, slumped in his pit, wondering what might have been.
If all things had been equal, victory should have belonged to the Spaniard. Instead he finished a distant fourth, just one place ahead of the remarkable Jorge Lorenzo. So instead of stretching his advantage over his main title rival by 14 points, he gained just two points on him.
Pedrosa may still lean on points but his season has gone awry since his back-to-back wins at Jerez and Le Mans, because for one reason or another he hasn’t been able to get the best out of the Bridgestones. At the three races since Le Mans – Mugello, Catalunya and Assen – he has cited tyre issues for his inability to challenge for victory.
At Mugello he struggled with Bridgestone’s heat-resistant rear tyre, new for this race. “We had many problems with the new rear tyre and we had to set up the bike completely differently to get grip,” he said. “Jorge was faster in the corners.”
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
cb750wtf17 hours 16 min ago
kenup28317 hours 40 min ago
mugwump1 day 12 hours ago
Motoshrink1 day 15 hours ago
ghostdog61 day 19 hours ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Stefan Bradl: «Die alten Probleme sind gelöscht»
- Stefan Pierer (KTM): «Deutscher Fahrer willkommen»
- Marc Márquez & Wayne Rainey: Echte Champions
- Vorverkauf: Günstige Tickets für Jerez & Valencia
- Hayden, Crutchlow & Co.: Mein bester MotoGP-Moment
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Viñales war unglaublich!»
- MotoGP: Der Valentino-Rossi-Kalender für 2015 ist da!
- Spritlimit 2016: Honda gegen Yamaha und Ducati
- Ducati: «Cal Crutchlow ist schwer zu kontrollieren»
- Eugene Laverty (Honda) über sein MotoGP-Debüt
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: