Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The Honda/Yamaha pendulum
Amid all the Assen drama it was easy to forget about the forlorn figure of Dani Pedrosa, slumped in his pit, wondering what might have been.
If all things had been equal, victory should have belonged to the Spaniard. Instead he finished a distant fourth, just one place ahead of the remarkable Jorge Lorenzo. So instead of stretching his advantage over his main title rival by 14 points, he gained just two points on him.
Pedrosa may still lean on points but his season has gone awry since his back-to-back wins at Jerez and Le Mans, because for one reason or another he hasn’t been able to get the best out of the Bridgestones. At the three races since Le Mans – Mugello, Catalunya and Assen – he has cited tyre issues for his inability to challenge for victory.
At Mugello he struggled with Bridgestone’s heat-resistant rear tyre, new for this race. “We had many problems with the new rear tyre and we had to set up the bike completely differently to get grip,” he said. “Jorge was faster in the corners.”
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
btoy1 hour 2 min ago
Peka2 hours 39 min ago
Yamaha2strokes4 hours 18 sec ago
David Emmett4 hours 5 min ago
Peka4 hours 18 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Moto2 Malaysia - Free Practice (2) Results
- Stefan Bradl/7.: «Ich mache mir keine grossen Sorgen»
- Sepang FP2: Nasse Piste, Lorenzo-Bestzeit – 7. Bradl
- Stefan Bradl (5.): «Es schaut gut aus»
- Sepang FP1: Pedrosa voran – 5. Bradl. 6. Rossi
- Randy Krummenacher: Wie er Valentino Rossi verletzte
- Lin Jarvis: «Rossis Siegeshunger ist unglaublich»
- Was Valentino Rossi über die Márquez-Brüder sagt
- Andrea Iannone: In Sepang mit zwei GP14.2!
- Ramon Aurin wird neuer Crew-Chief von Dani Pedrosa
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: