Guest Blog: Mat Oxley: The best news from Silverstone
MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
The best news from MotoGP Silverstone
It was very nearly all good news at Silverstone…
A properly thrilling MotoGP race, reminiscent of the glory days of the 1990s, thanks mostly to Marc Márquez for shaking things up and spurring Jorge Lorenzo to ever greater heights.
motogp race The best news from MotoGP Silverstone
A stunning win from Scott Redding – a kid from a tough background “trying to make something of my life”.
Warm summer sunshine, great crowd and no one too badly hurt in any of the crashes, including that idiotic pile-up at the end of Moto2 warm-up, the kind of accident that can leave people in a very bad way. The guilty party Dani Rivas suffered a fractured shoulder, while one of his victims, Steven Odendaal suffered a fractured ankle.
The only really bad news for British GP fans was Cal Crutchlow’s bruising two days tasting the Silverstone tarmac, gravel traps and grass verges. And his bad news is somewhat linked to the really good news, which is coming up next.
Read the rest of Mat Oxley's blog on the Motor Sport Magazine website.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
sinbad3174 min 6 sec ago
Maximilian6 min 48 sec ago
Liys31 min 4 sec ago
R6rider40 min ago
cycomiko59 min 55 sec ago
- Kawasaki Ninja H2 Coming To AIMExpo
- 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2R. For Those Days When 290 Normally Aspirated Horsepower Won't Cut It
- Video: The 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2R
- Supersport World Championship: Sofuoglu To Continue With San Carlo Puccetti Racing Team At Magny-Cours
- It's Official: Someone At Suzuki Has Decided They Can Afford To Go GP Racing Again, Chapter 421
- AMA Pro Racer Kyle Wyman Offering Riding Instruction During N2 Track Days This Coming Weekend At NJMP
- Marc Márquez: Wie lange kann er so stark dominieren?
- Suzuki-MotoGP: Mit Reihenmotor zum Erfolg?
- Offiziell: Suzuki mit Aleix Espargaró und Viñales
- Aragón-GP: 410.000 Zuschauer bei Sport1
Subscribe to email update: