Recent comments

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   15 hours 46 min ago

Triple up please delete.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   16 hours 3 min ago

delete please double up

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   16 hours 17 min ago

As nice guy as NH seems to be 'The time has come the Walrus said '.
    Consistant and hard worker, but he's never been an Alien has he ?
    Let him retire in peace with hopefully a wing that still works enough to be no hinderence to the rest of his life.
    He has great memories and his Title to smile about.

Camier , not convinced yet about this guy,we'll see huh ?

• Carbon Fiber Brough Superior Moto2 Bike To Make Debut At Silverstone   18 hours 29 min ago

You may be right. MM 93 seems to think it's useful, but that might just be trying to keep the usurpers at bay.
    It has provided some of the best racing and spectacle over the past few years, although the technology seems to be stagnating, I agree. Like Moto 3, the 'cost-cutting' has had what we think are unintended consequences, and the factories and well-funded teams have proven, yet again, that they can find ways around most cost-cutting measures. Just as they did with 125 2-strokes really - if you wanted to be fast, or a champion, an Aprilia (factory fettled and big bucks) was an absolute necessity. Not much has changed.

The perennial problem of whatever wins being the de facto choice for the aspiring racer is still the major technology influence. It doesn't look like changing unless they ban anyone from having the same as someone else. (Maybe that's not a bad idea...)

The Ducati has frightened me off carbon composite for chassis on racers because of the limitations on quick changes (I haven't seen carbon composite out of a 3D printer just yet). To be fair I feel their problems were more to do with the stressed engine being most of the chassis frame rather than the material per se. It will be very interesting to see if this can be made competitive within a season (and if it gets that far).
    I think Moto 2 still has some legs, but keeping it fresh and interesting and not seeming to be a one-make series is the challenge that needs to be addressed as the chassis makers leave for more fertile territory (or should I say are forced to leave because of the winning-formula problem).

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   21 hours 40 min ago

Not likely to be anymore new winners this decade with Mark in such amazing form!

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   23 hours 36 sec ago
    ...

Colin Edwards has never won any MotoGP race... but then neither has the majority of the MotoGP field.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   1 day 4 hours ago

I think they mean that dude. As opposed to that other dude who got to spent years and years on the best bike of the field but only managed to win a couple of races with it, off which 2 were based on track-knowledge advantage , and 1 because the first dude lost that same victory in the last corner. If you leave those 3 out, how many more wins is that ?

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   1 day 6 hours ago

Colin Edwards you mean the dude that like got a podium one week after a collarbone fracture?

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   1 day 11 hours ago

A few years ago when Colin was younger and on a better bike he was the 4th place man. He never fought for the lead, but once the podium was sorted, Colin was the next one along.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   2 days 1 hour ago

But yes totally, agree.

When injuries get this complicated, there is never a proper recovery, and there will be no way back to anywhere near the front for Nicky. That's sad, he's a great character and good for the sport, but the time has surely come to stand down. And although WSBK could do with a proper star like this, surely the best option now is to call it a day.

Best of luck to Leon, he was showing a lot of promise a few years ago, hasn't lived up to it yet, maybe this is a good opportunity, be he needs a stable job in a proper team. I agree with David this will be uphill, huge difference between a superbike and MotoGP.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   2 days 14 hours ago

"and when Colin Edwards (a racer who hasn't accomplished nearly what Nicky has)"

Colin has won two WSB championships through pure speed and talent and skill, plus was involved in one of the best races ever (Imola 2002 vs Troy Baylis).

Nicky was MotoGP World Champion in 2006, but please don't "dis" Colin's achievements, as some will always think Nicky's championship was awarded through the misfortune of others that year! Nicky deserved his championship in 2006 (through consistency), just don't dismiss Edward's past, he was a great racer in his day!

• WSBK: Alstare And Iddon Respond To Accusation By Barrier   2 days 14 hours ago

Long before Christian Iddon was in World Championship Road racing I met both Christian and his dad through my involvement in Supermoto stuff between 2002 and 2006 in the North of England and Scotland.

I can confirm with 100% confidence that Christian is an educated, eloquent individual who is more than capable of opening his mouth and producing his own words without a PR person doing it for him.

Pretty good at backing a bike in and out of a corner too............. :)

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   2 days 18 hours ago

I'd say Honda have given Nicky plenty of chances. He won a WC. We're they wrong to back Dani, nope! Not at all. Results say all there is to.

Nicky has had a great career. I hope it continues. Some here act like honda should give a factory bike and because they don't they're evil for it.

Sigh....

• WSBK: Alstare And Iddon Respond To Accusation By Barrier   2 days 18 hours ago

Vacuous

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   2 days 22 hours ago

. . . . . and now I don't feel so bad about having to miss Indianapolis this year. I've been following The Kid's career since the days when the family would invite me to sit with them watching Nicky race AMA at Daytona. And when he goes, I'm going to miss him. A lot.

On the other hand, I've been watching with the understanding that this is Nicky's last contract in MotoGP. Age catches up with you, and when Colin Edwards (a racer who hasn't accomplished nearly what Nicky has) is calling it quits, you have to know that your time is soon going to be over. I really hope he gets to ride out the second year of his contract . . . . completely for the selfish reason that I want to watch him race one more time. And I don't care where he finishes.

Afterwards? Screw World Superbike, I'm hoping he goes back to AMA Flat Track. There's still this matter of one remaining championship (the mile?, memory is a bit faint right now) to put him up there with the few other greats. I really think his road racing days are just about over, and while he'd contend in Superbike, I don't think he'd be able to out hustle the younger crowd for the championship. So I'd rather see him spending his remaining racing years where he can still rise to the top.

• WSBK: Alstare And Iddon Respond To Accusation By Barrier   2 days 22 hours ago

FWIW, many of us write more eloquently than we speak. You (can) take more time to consider your words.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 6 hours ago

Sorry for posting on another topic here but I have read on crash.net (please do not groan) that Avintia has issued a statement saying that it is in talks with Ducati, Yamaha and Kawasaki for next year's entry. Ducati has been touted around quite a bit, but Yamaha is new. Yamaha already has six bikes on the grid two each with the factory, Tech3 and Forward teams. Do they have the resources for another two engines? Avintia is also asking Kawasaki to give official backing to the team and does that mean that Kawasaki will give them more tarted up ZX10s or will Kawasaki revive its GP programme in some way? Sorry again for being OT.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 13 hours ago

Hmmm, I've heard some say this procedure requires 6 months healing, not 6 weeks. Think long term Nicky!

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 14 hours ago

Karel Abraham is 1.81 m, and Redding is 1.85 m, and they seem to fit sorta OK.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 15 hours ago

I mean, those bikes are tiny. The dude is 1.85 m.

"I expect they're underestimating the way these professional racers fight back from injury" this is the reason why Nicky is havin such problems now. Bones need time to heal. Period. You can fight the pain, you can ride on painkillers, but you can't speed the healing process of the bone by much. Afterall they're human like us. they have better doctors, an they re in top shape, but our bones are well, the same. Nicky smashed the wrist and he never had the time to let it heal 100% and now all that bone crumbs died and had to be removed....gruesome imo.

I hope that las surgery went well, and Nicky will be OK, not just to race, but to live the rest of his life as a fully fit person, not a crippled ex sportsman, who gave his health for glory and cash... I wish him all the best. i like the man a lot.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 16 hours ago

I remember Nicky banging fairings with Dovi. That was last season wasn't it? The RCV100R is a mutt, and Nakamoto San had better hope to live a long life, because Mr. Honda is waiting to kick his ass for the way he has treated Nicky. I am looking forward to Nicky finishing up his MotoGP career and coming to the US to revitalize dirt track. The man can ride.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 18 hours ago

Shoulder injuries can be the most serious and debilitating for racers. Two others that come to mind are Carl Fogarty and Ben Spies. Both eventually retired due to their combined injuries. I hope all the best for Nicky, he's a genuine good guy.

• Leon Camier To Replace Nicky Hayden For Indianapolis And Brno MotoGP Rounds   3 days 20 hours ago

Hayden may recover from his injury, but I HIGHLY doubt the improved Honda will be able to even keep up with the Satellite Bikes, even with Marquez riding them. Whether Nicky will retire or not I do not know. But if the past is any indication of his mindset, he will push forward with the knowledge that he was once World Champion, and the feeling that he is just as fast as everyone else, (whether anyone else in paddock believes that or not).

Now what I can say for a fact is that most Motogp Fans do NOT feel he is any kind of threat, (speedwise and for sure Championship level), to any of the top racers even on a Factory bike. None of the teams feel he is at a Pedrosa, Marquez, Rossi, A. and P. Espargaro, Lorenzo level. You can tell by the contract negotiations and who is being pursued by who. The man is not respected at a World Champion in Motogp level, but he is respected for being someone who will not bad mouth your product or team when others will bitch and complain to the bank with the money you are paying them to race your stuff. That is the ONE area where Nicky has proven to be nothing but class even in the mist of Bull Excrement that seems to kill those with a weaker mentality.

I like Nicky, and like the post that Trident put a link to, (great link by the way an interesting read), injuries like his can kill careers. But Nicky is very similar to a lot of boxers I have watched age. Seems to me that he will try to race in Motogp until NO TEAMS will hire him. That includes the lowest level teams in Motogp. A few years ago he would never considered riding the bike he is on now. But like a lot of boxers that once pulled in millions, get old and do a UFC fight when they are fat, old, bloated, and permanently injured BEFORE they fight. Just to get a few thousand.

This is a LONG post from me, but I have liked Nicky Hayden since he was giving Mat Mladin fits. His family is friendly as can be, and he rides to the best of his abilities every time. There are many who have tons more ability and do not put anywhere near as much effort into their racing. Hope he gets better, do not want to see him retire, but would love to see him at least leave Motogp and get a good ride in WorldSBK where he could at least be a championship contender on a much better ride than he will ever get again in Motogp.

• Carbon Fiber Brough Superior Moto2 Bike To Make Debut At Silverstone   3 days 20 hours ago
    brt