Recent comments

• 2014 Valencia Moto3 Race Result: Championship Decider Doesn't Disappoint   2 weeks 2 days ago

Its funny that so many seem to have a hatred of Miller. Here is a guy that is fast and fun but has a temper. Has he ridden in a manner to cause anyone harm? no more than any other Moto3 rider. What he has done is win a race with a horde of Marquez helpers in the race, all doing their bit to help AM get on the podium.
    Fair call to Miller for not shaking Rin's hand. Rin's made two dodgy moves and in the first one, not only did he stand him up, you can see him sit it up even further pushing him wide. Where is the fairness in that? you can't complain if Miller and AM do it to each other, they are the ones fighting for the championship, but for other riders to do it is just poor form and a very justifiable reason for not shaking their hand. Gracious winner in defeat if you are treated with respect for sure, but when you aren't, i think a "F$#k you" is not only well deserved, but expected. Who wouldn't feel grumpy if you lost battling 4 instead of one?......

Can Miller learn some better politics? for sure, but then it wouldn't be very entertaining would it?

I reckon I lose a year of my life each time watching a race of Moto3 this year, heart palpitating stuff...... can't see that happening next year.

Plenty of riders have had temper tantrums, when they perceive some wrongdoing towards them. Miller had plenty of emotions to feel after not winning the championship. He chose to continue like the whole world is out to get him and everyone else screwed him over. It's pathetic. He's nineteen and while he is already old enough to figure things out for himself I expect he will be coddled by his entourage instead of being guided towards a better mindset.

Because I'm criticising Miller's behaviour today doesn't mean I think the riders shouldn't be allowed to express themselves or be honest. There is a limit each way though. None of them are toddlers.

'Let he without sin cast the first stone': This has nothing to do with Marquez, Miller after today's race is a singular incident all of his own making. No one knocked him off or ruined his race. This was something else. I won't hold it against him and it's not like anyone else was affected by it. It just really didn't reflect well on him nor does it bode well for next year when he'll be up against the fastest, most experienced riders in the world. Maybe that mental aspect will be the biggest loss due to jumping past the middle class.

• 2014 Valencia Sunday Round Up: Of Dodgy MotoGP Weather, Fuel Issues in Moto2, and Miller vs Marquez in Moto3   2 weeks 2 days ago

I hope Yamaha can come up with a competitive machine, that the tyres allow for consistent performance and the weather remains as dry as practical.

I wouldnt mind if Rossi won a few races as well.

• 2014 Valencia MotoGP Race Result: Mastery Of Precarious Conditions   2 weeks 2 days ago

I wonder how much Dorna would have pay to keep Freddy on the English language feed.

I'd add to the sentiment that Miller needs a serious beatdown attitude adjustment, but since I'm invariably wrong, I won't ...

I will add that in all three GP classes (and in WSBK and WSS) the titles went to riders who have reputations for class in their behavior off the track and respect for their fellow riders on the track. (And before you start bleating about Marc, ask yourself how many times he's made contact with another rider this season. Most of the time, other riders couldn't even see him after the lights went out ...)

Maybe it is not just whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.

very competitive racing ;=)that was fully enjoyable AND it was a pleasure hearing freddie's commentary

Needs his bottom smacked.
    No excuses ,poor form from Miller.
    I see his left school at 14, missing out on a lot,so it seems ?

I was also mildly disappointed in Jack's treatment of Rins, but he treated us to one hell of a show -- he left it all in the track. He is young and full of raw desire to be great. And after the battle, things can be a bit raw.

What an insanely great moto3 season -- one if my all time favorites!

Miller's "moment" was caused by Rins running into him in turn 2. He did it twice. Rins came in way too hot, was never going to make the corner and pushed Miller. wide. No doubt as part of their team strategy to use Rins as the sacrificial lamb to disrupt or take out Miller in anyway they could. This was the the reason he legitimately remonstrated with Rins. If find it amusing that the sanctimonious wafflers on this forum complaining about miller's overtakes and reactions yet a mysteriously silent about Rins deliberately running into miller twice. In comparison, Millers overtakes are not out of control, he is later on the brakes and is going to make the corner in 98% of the cases. In this race he demonstrated his superiority over the rest of the field, overtaking at will and making up any gap as necessary. Instead of moaning about him getting upset with a rider trying to take him out, let's rejoice in a rider with such abundant talent that Honda, for the first time ever, has taken a rider straight from the smallest class onto a Motogp bike with an never seen before contract of three years in length. I am going to go with Honda's assessment of him as a rider rather than the bleatings of the one-eyed whingers around here.

I'll put my hand up if you wish. Hopefully I'm more mature in middle age but I like to think I wasn't a petulant jerk of a sore loser when I was 18. Miller (and everyone else on the grid) has been in that world for a while already and has been given plenty of time to learn (as it seems it's definitely not in his nature) to be more gracious in defeat.

I'd scold him for his post race behaviour if he were 4 years old. That's not hyperbole. I literally mean I'd take him aside and tell him to stop pouting if he were 4. I hope someone will do that to him at age 18.

What are you serious? what do you think almost every rider does when they go down the road? dance the merry jig! And that's including the big boys in GP. Every rider lets their emotions get the better of them it's only natural and shows just how passionate they are, and in what they do, and of course throw into the mix a bit of adrenalin.
    As stated above, look at the full on temper tantrum Marquez had at Kent when he thought Kent had cost him vital points in the championship at Philip Island,,,as the saying goes 'let he without sin cast the first stone'. Yes it was remiss of Jack to behave the way he did, but then again I'm sure (like all of them) given time to grow and mature they'll come good, after all they're only human.

If all else fails I suppose we could replace him with a cardboard cutout at press interview, bereft of character, charm, and charisma. which to be honest I think a few other teams have already cottoned on to such an idea.

I thought the same thing, he was acting like a little sore loser brat. Funny thing though is that I was pulling for him the entire season and especially to win this race and the championship.
    Maybe he'll see images of what he looked like on the podium and learn from it, but other than that, really like the way he races and his emotion, but he's giving his opponents the upper hand when he acts like this.
    Kill them with kindness Jack! Then you'll be getting under THEIR skin, acting like this makes you an easy target.
    Just my .02

..to great 2014 and please bring that 2015 even more interesting than this one. Thanks God that we have testing in the next couple of days :).

• 2014 Valencia Moto2 Race Result: Fierce Duel Decided At The Line   2 weeks 2 days ago

So assuming the electronics cut power due to fuel shortage, and using 20/20 hindsight, could Rabat have switched a setting on his bike to ignore all fuel-conservation settings for max power? Would he even have been able to deduce from his console that his bike was almost empty and therefore throttling back on the power to save fuel?

• MotoGP To Race In Austria From 2016   2 weeks 2 days ago

Ask and we shall receive, I suppose. More bureaucrats from Austria. Major sponsor commitment. Historic track. KTM home market.

If we're lucky, maybe Red Bull and local government have come to an agreement to build the Westschleife Extension for F1, DTM, and MotoGP usage. Maybe KTM agreed to join in 2016 if Red Bull Ring was on the calendar?

Hopefully the safety will be okay.

I don't expect any of them to be polished pr machines. Marquez deliberately didn't pass Miller because he knew what Miller would try to do to him, as happened when Miller ended up behind briefly. Marquez clearly had enough pace to stay on Miller until a few laps to the end. If roles were reversed some people would be praising the genius of staying behind.

There has been a lot of bias in the media this year constantly putting Miller so far above the others. He has done brilliantly this year, but there never was evidence that he was in a class of one and now reality has set in and somebody beat him fair and square across the year. He is entitled to feel however he wants and express that but a temper tantrum doesn't come under that category when you are a professional sportsman.

Forgetting everything else and focusing on next year. The guy needs a serious attitude adjustment because it's just looking like the working class hero is really a spoilt brat.

Absolutely, Amen to this season being awesome!

Miller has a lot of growing up to do. I would have been uncomfortable on the podium with him, he was such a brat. The right rider won the title today. I am tired of Spanish domination but if Miller won it would have validated his win at all costs style and made gp racing even dirtier going forward. He has only himself to blame for not winning the title. I don't recall any other rider being so arrogant and self absorbed.

You're not wrong that it must be hard to smile in such circumstances, he's young and fought till the end and he has the temper that he has.
    I don't agree that he was alone on track. They both had friends trying to help and Kent very nearly did it. In the end both had some good and back luck through the season and like in all sports, talent, hard work, circumstances and luck all play a part. This Moto3 season was awesome, this is what will be remembered.

me thinks. How many posting here can put their hands up and say at 18 they would have behaved any differently? We don't know how Rins/Miller behave to each other off track etc.

It's all well and good to say he should have behaved after the race but he didn't so get over it. I would have to agree that he will need to learn some humility in MotoGP but then again, so do most of the riders coming in to that field. And surprise surprise, most of them do learn. A combination of the difficulties encountered and the birthdays ticking by.

Anyhoo, smart race by the new WC and an excellent attempt by Jack.

i feel for Jack I really do, to call him a bad sport is a little unfair. Having this unrealistic expectation of him being the polished PR machine in light of losing the championship by such a small margin is such a big ask, especially considering these are young riders, you only need to look at Marquez's remonstration with D.Kent post Philip Island as another example of this. I'd defy anybody to behave differently! Wouldn't you?

All I saw in the spirit of racing, was Jack out there on his own, with no assistance from anybody. The same could not be said of Alex, being actively waved through by Vasquez to make places back up, Rins provided an alternate stratagem of upsetting Millers pattern (who at least is actually on Marquez's team)
    Even Julian R commented upon how fast Marquez could make places back up after dropping back, I wonder why this was?

I don't know, I just like to think when somebody accomplishes something they do so under their own steam, merit, grit and determination and not through 'others repetitvely assisting'. If the shoe was on the other foot with regards to Miller/Marquez then I would feel exactly the same. For me this soured the race and as Neil Hodgson said post race the whole thing left him feeling 'flat' but could not put it into context. I for one also agree.

I apologise for being contentious with regards to the above posts but for me was like I was watching a different race.

I was disappointed with Miller post-race. Not sure why I thought he'd react maturely but I expected better sporting behavior. Gesturing rudely on the cool down lap as he always does in qualifying was embarrassing. Why draw more attention to yourself? Dropping F bombs in parc ferme also didn't impress anyone. He has a right to be upset and to voice disappointment but act like a champion in defeat. He had a great season and clearly showed excellent race craft over the other riders all season. He proved he could ride under pressure and hopefully that will translate to the bigger class next couple seasons. The post race interview was also special... bringing up Aragon and that the crash wasn't his fault, but that 'we won't go there' after he already did = childish.

If we are looking back to past racing incidents one could more easily point at Miller's bowling ball move up the inside at Mugello that took himself and two other riders out of the race. One of which was... yep, Alex Marquez. That move actually won Miller some penalty points while the Aragon contact was deemed a racing incident by the same race direction. I guess I just expected more from him. I like that he's passionate and wears his emotions on his sleeves but don't be a sore loser. Move forward. MotoGP will eat him alive if he can't find some humility and learn that it's not constructive to behave the way he has.

And I'm the opposite, a great sport but can't ride to save my life :) Maybe I can do his press conferences.

Exactly my thoughts as well...

He's every bit as bad a sport as he is a good racer.

Miller's attitude towards Rins says a lot I think. Disappointment is one thing, being a sore looser is another.