Images From The Indy Mile - A Piece Of American Racing Heritage
To understand American motorcycle racing, you have to understand flat track: large capacity motorcycles running as fast as possible round a mostly oval dirt track without a front brake. The sight and sound is impressive, and seeing crowds of riders firing into a corner with the rear kicked out is one of the most awe-inspiring spectacles on the planet.
It's a spectacle you have to see, and of all the flat track races held in the US, the Indy Mile is the most famous. And fortunately for us, Tim White, one of the most promising motorcycle photographers currently working in the US, attended the Indy Mile, and sent us his photos. Enjoy!
Flat Track Legend Chris Carr during qualifying.
Pink And Fast: Nichole Cheza
Henry Wiles during practice
Chris Carr during the heat
Ken Coolbeth leads the pack.
Chris Carr leads his heat
Chris Carr leads Sam Halbert
Nicky Hayden has unfinished business at the mile: he needs to win one to achieve a grand slam.
Harley-Davidson still make racing motorcycles, and Willie G. came to take a look.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
redboots8 hours 25 sec ago
Averagerider10 hours 58 min ago
steve hislop13 hours 25 min ago
Motoshrink2 days 9 hours ago
sir_nj2 days 9 hours ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- Madrid Motor Days: Mit Márquez, Pedrosa & Co.
- Marc Márquez: «In der zweiten Saisonhälfte cleverer»
- Jorge Lorenzo: Wille und Talent sind Márquez' Stärken
- Dani Pedrosa: Seit acht Jahren titellos
- Kenny Roberts: «Márquez kann von nun an dominieren»
- Jorge Lorenzo: «2013 eine Lektion gelernt»
- Suzuki: Wie lassen sich für 2015 Siegfahrer anlocken?
- Stefan Bradl: Die Pläne seines Motocross-Trainers
Subscribe to email update: