RIP Guido, More Than Just A Dog
Guido is dead. News that a dog has died does not generally make it onto the front page of websites about motorcycle racing, but as with every rule, there's always an exception. And in motorcycle racing, exceptions to the rule generally mean that Valentino Rossi is involved somehow.
The reason that Guido's death is garnering so much attention - even meriting a mention in Italy's most prestigious sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport - is that Guido is Valentino Rossi's dog.
But Guido was more than just a pet. The white bulldog was also Valentino Rossi's mascot, appearing on Rossi's helmet and his bike, as much lucky charm as household pet. Indeed, such was Rossi's attachment to the dog that Guido even starred in Quarantasei, a graphic novel produced by Milo Manara containing a fictional account of Valentino Rossi's adventures and eventual triumph in motorcycle racing. It must be said that Guido was very much the co-star of the book, the star of the show being Rossi's M1 motorcycle.
So, it is a sad day for Valentino Rossi, and our thoughts, and most likely the thoughts of thousands of Rossi fans around the world, go out to the Italian superstar. May Guido spend the rest of eternity chasing rabbits across the Elysian Fields.
Photo: Scott Jones, Turn2Photography
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
binx_1911 min 10 sec ago
geddyt1 hour 24 min ago
mugwump3 hours 19 min ago
Machine6 hours 57 min ago
Praveen8 hours 9 sec ago
- Baz ruled out of Magny-Cours World Superbike round
- Snetterton BSB: Brookes to give new engine spec full test
- IM3: Enea Bastianini con Gresini, è ufficiale
- Mick Doohan: «Rossi wird ein großer Verlust sein»
- Scott Redding: MotoGP ist die härteste Meisterschaft
- Ab 2014: Strafpunkte erst nach 365 Tagen gelöscht
- Stefan Bradl: «Mir ist wurst, welche Kurve kommt»
- Pol Espargaró: «Ähnliche Teile wie Jorge Lorenzo»
- Casey Stoner bleibt Testfahrer für Honda
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Das Phänomen Márquez ersetzte Stoner»
Subscribe to email update: