Full Jerez MotoGP Race Removed Again From Youtube
Yesterday, we reported what we thought of as the great news that Dorna had started to put full MotoGP races online, available freely at MotoGP.com's official Youtube channel. Today, less than 24 hours later, they seem to have changed their minds. On Tuesday, the full 2008 Jerez race appeared on the Youtube channel, posted by MotoGP.com. by Wednesday morning, it was gone, replaced by a standard Youtube error message stating that the video had been removed by the user.
Obviously, some heated discussions followed at Dorna's Barcelona HQ yesterday, about what should and shouldn't be put online for free, and the proponents of the 20th Century view of publishing prevailed. It will be interesting to see how long this situation will continue, before Dorna realizes that it is better to control themselves how their video footage is put online, rather than leaving them to turn up on various file sharing sites around the world.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
wazman1 hour 22 min ago
christianiddon1 hour 28 min ago
dan.gerous2 hours 4 min ago
jpbits2 hours 27 min ago
cejay6 hours 56 min ago
- Suzuka 8hr: Van der Mark takes pole for Musashi Honda at record pace
- Hernandez hoping for Desmosedici GP15 next year
- Leon Camier: Ersatz für Hayden in Indy und Brünn
- Carl Fogarty: «MotoGP interessierte keinen»
- Andrea Ianonne: «Will 2014 einen Podestplatz holen»
- Forward-Yamaha: Das beste Open-Class-Team
- Shuhei Nakamoto (HRC): «Mit Lorenzo nie gesprochen»
- Jorge Lorenzo: Der zweite WM-Rang bleibt sein Ziel
- LCR-Honda 2015: Mit Jack Miller? Ohne Stefan Bradl?
- Cal Crutchlow: «Ich habe vieles nicht verstanden»
Subscribe to email update: