Honda Offers Classic Two-Stroke NSR500 Ringtones
There are two things that people missed the most after the demise of the 500cc two strokes, and their replacement with the 990cc four-stroke MotoGP bikes: The noise and the smell. You can still experience the sweet smell of burning two-stroke oil by standing as close as possible to the track as the 250 and 125 classes howl by, but as fantastic as the smaller bikes sound, they're still no match for the crackle of the 500cc four-cylinder two-stroke machines.
Fortunately, Honda have a solution: On their historic website, they are offering brief sound clips of the championship-winning Honda NSR500 machine. The files are in MP3 format, and can be downloaded to a modern mobile phone for use as a ringtone, for example, or just for the sheer enjoyment of hearing an old NSR500 on full song. The NSR500 MP3 files can be downloaded from this page on the Honda website, part of the larger NSR500 history site at Honda.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Sir_Bedevere1 hour 32 min ago
Trident1 hour 34 min ago
R6rider4 hours 59 min ago
johnjaundice8 hours 42 min ago
Team Punkass8 hours 54 min ago
MotoMatters Twitter Feed
- Van Der Mark Continues To Set The Pace In FIM World Supersport FP2 At Losail
- Suzuki's Laverty Fastest In Second WSBK Practice At Qatar
- Video: A Look Back At Marc Marquez And The Espargaro Brothers Road Racing Mini Bikes In 2001
- Marco Melandri testet MotoGP-Aprilia in Valencia
- Valencia: Kein Abschiedsrennen für Colin Edwards!
- Marcel Schrötter: «Die MotoGP-WM ist kein Muss»
- Marc Márquez: «Bei Honda gibt es keine Stallorder»
- Sepang-GP bei Sport1: 320.000 Zuschauer!
- Yonny Hernandez: Werksvertrag bei Ducati Corse
- LCR-Chef Cecchinello: «Traue Jack Miller Top-Ten zu»
General MotoGP Twitter Feed
Subscribe to email update: