Honda Offers Classic Two-Stroke NSR500 Ringtones
There are two things that people missed the most after the demise of the 500cc two strokes, and their replacement with the 990cc four-stroke MotoGP bikes: The noise and the smell. You can still experience the sweet smell of burning two-stroke oil by standing as close as possible to the track as the 250 and 125 classes howl by, but as fantastic as the smaller bikes sound, they're still no match for the crackle of the 500cc four-cylinder two-stroke machines.
Fortunately, Honda have a solution: On their historic website, they are offering brief sound clips of the championship-winning Honda NSR500 machine. The files are in MP3 format, and can be downloaded to a modern mobile phone for use as a ringtone, for example, or just for the sheer enjoyment of hearing an old NSR500 on full song. The NSR500 MP3 files can be downloaded from this page on the Honda website, part of the larger NSR500 history site at Honda.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
David Emmett4 hours 37 min ago
David Emmett4 hours 45 min ago
Motoshrink4 hours 47 min ago
Motoshrink4 hours 58 min ago
David Emmett5 hours 6 min ago
- Scott Harwell Takes Lap Of Honor In Memory Of TOBC Team Owner Jon Couch And Team Mom Frances Gene Couch
- Remus Racing: Wildcard-Einsätze für 2014 gestrichen
- Michael Bartholemy (VDS): Was er Jack Miller zutraut
- Drahtseilakt: Bradl & Co. über Stürze und Angst
- Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati): Minus 35 Sekunden!
- Stefan Bradl über Márquez: «Echt krass»
- Cecchinello: Jack ist Bradl-Nachfolger – nicht Cal
- Jorge Lorenzo: «Bin schnell, bis Reifen abbauen»
- Valentino Rossi: «Hatte Angst, 2014 nicht zu siegen»
- Andrea Iannone: Rückschritt für den Fortschritt
Subscribe to email update: