FIM Press Release: Marquez Penalized, Absolved, But Appeal Pending
The FIM issued the following statement after the incident between Marc Marquez and Pol Espargaro, on the penalty applied and then appealed, as reported here. The statement makes it clear that the ruling is still subject to appeal, so this is not necessarily the final word on the matter.
Below is the FIM press release:
2012 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix
Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya: decision of the Race Direction and FIM Stewards
On Sunday 03 June during the Moto2 Race, rider Marc MARQUEZ (SPA) rode in an irresponsible manner causing danger to rider Pol ESPARGARO (SPA) which is an infringement of the article 1.21.2 of the 2012 FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.
The Race Direction decided to impose on the rider a time penalty of 1 minute to be added on his race time.
An appeal has been lodged with the FIM Stewards.
The FIM Stewards did not confirm the decision of the Race Direction and cancelled the penalty.
An appeal may now be lodged with the FIM International Disciplinary Court.The FIM issued the following statement after the incident between Marc Marquez and Pol Espargaro, on the penalty applied and then appealed, as reported here. The statement makes it clear that the ruling is still subject to appeal, so this is not necessarily the final word on the matter.Below is the FIM press release:
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
pooch1 hour 13 min ago
r_mutt2 hours 17 min ago
Desh2 hours 37 min ago
Desh3 hours 4 min ago
v4racer4 hours 40 min ago
- Suzuki: Erster Test in Europa am 17. Juni
- Suzuki: Vertrag für 3 Jahre, Plätze werden gekauft
- Paul-Bird-Team: Enttäuschendes Rennen in Le Mans
- Freddie Spencer: Fantreffen am Hockenheimring!
- Randy de Puniet: Mit einem Nuller zum Suzuki-Test
- MotoGP-Wintertests: In Katar, Texas, Australien?
- Sito Pons: «MotoGP-WM? Nein, danke!»
- Aleix Espargaró: Privatfahrer ist WM-Neunter!
- Andrea Iannone: «Oft verbremst, keine Schmerzen»
- Karel Abraham: Weniger Schmerzen, erster Punkt
Subscribe to email update: