WSBK News: Jakub Smrz Curiously Absent From Nürburgring
Liberty Racing reaffirmed on Tuesday that they would be present at the Nürburgring round of World Superbikes, with all three riders. This morning, however, Jakub Smrz was absent from both the entry list and the timing screens and appears to have been replaced by Lorenzo Lanzi. Of all the teams to have mysterious absences, Liberty Racing would be the most likely, so this doesn't come as a major shock.
As the team has essentially given up on 2012, it does look like their pay-to-ride riders, Brett McCormick and Maxime Berger, are still going to see out the season, McCormick is now considered fit to race the remainder of the year, but he has to consider his health first.
Lanzi was a shock pole-sitter and winner in World Supersport at Assen, making the most of the wet weather for his only race of the year.
Official MotoGP.com News Feed
Get your exclusive MotoMatters t-shirts here!
Follow MotoMatters on Twitter
59 of #58 - Andrew Wheeler's Tribute In Pictures To Marco Simoncelli
The most Important Race In The World
How To Save MotoGP, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
LCR Honda's Inspire Magazine
Help a MotoGP fan fight brain cancer
Beamer122 min 28 sec ago
clx1 hour 27 min ago
David Emmett2 hours 18 min ago
moto42 hours 29 min ago
moto42 hours 39 min ago
- Rossi admits qualifying pace a problem
- Varying post-crash results for Repsol Honda
- Lorenzo settles for second, Rossi loses pace
- IM2: Le Mans QP; Nakagami in pole, Zarco in prima fila
- Dovizioso surprised by front row slot
- Remainder Of North West 200 Rained Out
- Nakagami Earns FIM Moto2 Pole Position At Le Mans
- Le Mans: Marquez pole as Pedrosa falls
- Nakagami grabs maiden Moto2 pole
- Kamaruzaman Takes FIM Asia SuperSport 600cc Pole Position At Sentul
Subscribe to email update: